A twiG journal entry

I really felt that the Lord would have me get another blog post out and wasn't sure what to write, so I looked in my journal for inspiration and felt as though I should just share a journal entry. It is my "twiG" journal, twiG standing for "time with God". In the past, I have called it a quiet time, but I have since landed on this acronym because it is fitting to what I want to accomplish and reminds me that Jesus said: I Am the vine, you are the branches. I feel that I am but a twig and there is no way that I can live this life without life from The Vine.  So here is my twiG journal entry: [I usually write the date, centered in the page with the year written in the top corner of the page.  Sometimes I fill up just part of a page sometimes several pages. It depends on the time I spend. I sometimes start out writing an opening prayer to the Lord, sometimes I start out writing the reference to the passage I'm reading and then the verses that stand out to me. Often, I write in conversation to the Lord but sometimes I write out observations ending in prayer. ]

Tuesday 21 April, 2015

O Lord, help me to seek You daily - to journal what You show me - that there will not be a date missing from this day forth unless You command that I should not write. [Sadly, I must confess that I have already missed.]

Isaiah 53 [This is the passage that I read.]

Father, this is such a familiar passage that I sometimes moan inwardly when I feel that is where You want me to read. Please, forgive me. It is not as though I know all there is to know about You or this passage or even one word in it. Please, help me to know & love You more. Help me to understand more deeply how great Your love is for me.

The second half of verse two seems to be my focus today. 
:2b "He had no form or majesty that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him."

Lord, You not only gave up heaven and the worship that You had there, instant obedience - being recognized as God - to become a man - You became an ugly or plain man. You were not handsome in any way physically that would draw people to You. You had no form or majesty that would draw people to want to be around You You did not look like a King, much less the King of Kings & Lord of Lords. You hid Your glory in a lowly body that would not distract from the more important message.

Lord, forgive me for too often being concerned with my form in such a way that is not about Your glory but because I want to be looked at as pretty. O that I would take care of my body & present it as a sacrifice for Your use in whatever way You see fit - not to gain attention from anyone. 

(research in Blue Letter Bible)[I looked at blueletterbible.org for other passages that might shed more light on this passage of scripture. The one that I wrote down actually pertains to the first part of verse two : "For He grew up before Him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground;"]

Zechariah 6:12-13
"And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place and he shall build the temple of the LORD. It is he who shall build the temple of the LORD and shall bear royal honor, and shall sit and rule on his throne. And there shall be a priest on his throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."

Ahh, Lord, You are the Branch, the Temple & yet the Builder of the temple (that is me & all others whom You have drawn unto Yourself of which You are the Chief Cornerstone.) You are the King, Judge & the Priest who makes intercession & offers the sacrifice & You also became the sacrifice. You have fulfilled every role because You are the only One who could fulfill it perfectly. All others were just a picture of what was to come, of what is & what will be - which is what I am to be  - imperfect though I may be.

O Lord, paint my life a picture to glorify You!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Family

Real Life Picture Lessons

Strength in Weakness