Fun with Family

Elmer Fudd has been a part of our family life for quite a while now. I don't really remember how long. I don't even remember for sure how we came to have him, I think possibly a kid's meal toy from somewhere. He actually wasn't even the original figure. I'm not sure who originally started the game. We've had a couple of the vultures that didn't know what to do but were part of a great barbershop  quartet. Also I believe we had a King Kong figurine at one time. But "The Fudd" as we lovingly call him, made the trip 4 years ago from Oklahoma to the Land of Enchantment. He rode in the housing of the speedometer of our black suburban, known as the Subbubble, but mostly just as the sub. He has been kept around because of a game that my husband started with the family so many years ago, when the KRHs were children.  We now would call it Find the Fudd. Anyway, Cary, started hiding these kid's meal figurines around the house, sometimes in such obvious places that you would look right past it.  The family member that found it, sometimes would let us know where it was found or sometimes just re-hide it. There was a time when I could tell you the hiding style of each family member and would try to find out who last hid him so that I would have a clue as how to look. They have changed things around to beFuddle me though. The Fudd has been many places. Somehow he even went on our first trip to Santa Fe and almost fell into a torrential arroyo! There are times that we have forgotten, been to busy and I guess that is how the vultures and King Kong didn't make the last move. Someone hid them, no one found them and they were left behind :(. Somehow the Fudd has made all the right moves and ended up in some pretty unusual spots: frozen in a cup of water in the back of the freezer,  hanging out in a goblet, narrowly escaping a bath in coffee grounds and hot water, also being ground with the coffee beans. Sometimes he is hiding behind a cabinet door that you open daily.

The Fudd is such a spicy guy!



 Sometimes he can be easily seen if you are not in the dark or happen to be looking up that day! He hung out above my kitchen counter for quite a while! I had to get the tall hider to get him out once I found him.
The Fudd held himself together and didn't melt or anything under the florescents!


   
You can be minding your own business as he watches you walk under him day after day after day.
So brave to be so high with no net! I guess The Fudd likes being in the lights.


He has been instrumental in a fire.

And sailed on a ship

The Fudd was on this voyage for a while but didn't get seasick at all!
The last place the Fudd was seen at least by this hunter was hiding behind a picture hanging on the wall in the entry. Currently, The Fudd is lost. Well, I guess he knows where he is and evidently my husband does since he sauntered into the kitchen the other night and asked if anyone had yet found the Fudd. Nope! The game is afoot!  If you ever come to my house and happen on the Fudd just maybe we will come up with some kind of prize to give you.

I'm thinking that this game will be carried on for generations to come though I'm sure there will be new figurines. What we most want to hand down for many generations to come is something that we do not want to keep hidden. We want it to be clearly seen that Jesus is Lord and Saviour, that the great I AM is our one true God.

O Lord, thank You for the joy and fun of family life. Please help us to love as You have loved and to pass on to many generations the love and truth of Your story, the Gospel.














Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked it. You have made life in the Hembree household fun as well! Love you!

      Delete
  2. hahaha how fun!! I must come to your home soon...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Real Life Picture Lessons

Abounding in Thanksgiving