Confession

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." James 1:23-25 ESV

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17 ESV

I must confess that this is me way too often. I have been the beneficiary of hearing a lot. I have sat under gifted preachers and teachers most of my life. I have heard God's direction and followed and I have heard God's direction and skirted around it, done things to dull it, I have said with Moses, "but God I can't". Therefore, these verses hit me like a shot in the heart. I have known the right thing to do and failed to do it. I have sinned over and over and over again. I have sinned in not writing. I don't know how many times I have asked people to pray for me to write. I have written a little and I have run away, I think out of fear of failure (but that can be another blog post :/). I thought I was going to write a book, maybe a devotional, which hasn't happened. I didn't want to blog because "everyone else is doing it". What is one more voice, my voice, thrown out there going to do. It really doesn't matter though what anyone else thinks, whether I "succeed" in my own eyes or the eyes of the world. What does matter is that I obey.

"When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey."
Hymn Composer John H. Sammis

So here I am trying to be a doer and not just a hearer, trying to do what I know is right and not continue to sin, trying to trust and obey for my Savior is worthy of my obedience.
Thank God for His marvelous grace. Jesus blood covers my failures, my sins and helps me up to walk again with Him.

Father forgive me for not obeying sooner. Help me to be holy as You are holy, to follow hard after You. Thank You for paying the price for my sin that I might be in relationship with You. There is nothing in this world better. There is no one like You. Lord, may this blog bring You glory, honor, praise and joy! In Jesus name, Amen


Comments

  1. Welcome, welcome to the blogosphere. Indeed, you have a voice to be heard no matter the cacophony level. We all struggle on the journey so share the journey. I look forward to reading more. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you have a voice to be heard! You've taken this step...looking forward to hearing what else God puts on your heart.Your obedience is an encouragement to me and I am sure many others. May God bless you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, you have been such a blessing in my life. I'm so thankful that God made our paths to cross. Thank you for your encouragement! Blessings on you as well my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Family

Real Life Picture Lessons

Abounding in Thanksgiving